Magnetic Level IndicatorMagnetic Level Indicator (MLI-19) are flanged to the tank for indicating level of liquids and liquefied gases in open or closed tanks. These can be used in high temperature and pressure applications or if sight glasses and similar indicating glass parts cannot be used for safety reasons. This instrument is preferred because there is a safe pressure and gas tight separation between measuring and indicating parts. Thus the magnetic level indicator is suitable for a wide range of applications for the chemicals, pharmaceutical industries, petrochemical industries, refineries, oil and fuel tanks etc.
The cage is flanged to the tank & the level is indicated on a Strip which consists of magnetic bi-colour rollers. The floats are available in various metallurgies like SS316, Titanium, PVDF, Polypropylene and PVC.
- Used for high temp and pr applications or if glass parts cannot be used for safety reasons.
- Applications in Chemicals, Pharmaceutical, petrochemical, refineries, oil and fuel tanks etc.
- Available in side andtop mounting versions
- Capsule Indicator in glass tube or magnetic bi-colour rollers
- SS 304, SS 316, PTFE, PP, PVC & PVDF Float & Cage Material
- Max. C.C. Distance : 5000 mm, greater lenghts on request.
- Flanged connection drilled ot ASA 150# or other on demand
- Pr 20 Kg/cm2 for SS & 3 Kg/cm2 for PP, PVC & PVDF, Higher Pr rating on demand
- Temp 450oC for SS, 80oC for PVDF, 60oC for PVC, 50oC (Max) for PP
- Specific Gravity : Min 0.5
- AI/SS etched scale in cm
- +/- 5 mm accuracy
Principle of Operation
These models consists of Red or Black/white magnetic rollers equipped with small rod magnets which are rotated one after another at an angle of 180 by the magnetic field of the permanent magnet put inside the float. The rollers change from white to red on rising level and red to white on falling level. Plastic rollers are suitable for liquid temperature upto 100C & Alluminium rollers for temperature upto 250C and ceramic rollers for temperature upto 450C.
The level in a tank or agitating machine is permanently indicated as a Red or Black column even in the case of power fallure.
In addition, Level Sensing elements can be fixed directly to the float cage, so that-simultaneous, contact less sensing is measured electrically. Electronic Level indicator with set point can be connected with the sensor to have reading in remote. Single or double set point relays can also be provided in the electronic indicator for control purposes.
|Float Cage Material
||SS304, SS316, PTFE, PP, PVC, PVDF
|Max. Centre to Centre Distance
||6000 mm, greater lengths on request
||According to DIN or ANSI B16.5
||20 Kg/cm2 for SS & 3 Kg for PP, PVC & PVDF
||Higher pressure rating can also be provided
|Temperature of Liquid
||450C (Max.) for SS, 80C (Max.) for PVDF
||60C (Max.) for PVC, 50C (Max.) for PP
||Graduated in cm, Aluminium or SS304
||+/- 5 mm